Friday 29 August 2014

GOOD DESIGN.

As an interior designer and passionate feng shui consultant I’m daily surrounded by all sorts of designs – some very tasteful some a bit less, therefore people often ask me what is actually GOOD DESIGN?

This question is always on the top of my mind, exactly what makes a design a good design. Some may say, it’s the physic of the product and its colour an other may say it’s the designer that counts, but at the end it’s, I think, the most important what makes it appealing to us, as we’re the one that are going to use it and enjoy it day in day out. In the same way that some flowers or musical notes appeal to us and some not, the energy of the objects in the space will either appeal to our personal energy field or they will produce a negative or unpleasant experience.

If you use feng shui principles as your main criteria by choosing a design piece for your home, you will be able to create a space that it’s good for you – a good design. I have to tell you, there are some very good designs 'out there', in the big world; I’d gladly share with you the ones I like the most and often use in my projects.

I’m really struck by a design from the Swedish design group Front, it’s called the Horse Lamp, and have a look at the picture! But please note, it’s almost real life size, so it probably doesn’t fit in all rooms. Beautiful made and best of all, it’s so elegant and simple, and that’s probably the power of it all. You could use it in the south corner of your house or office as the horse is an animal that belongs to that sector. I’ve advised it to a close client of mine that wanted to become famous in his work. We didn’t have to wait long to get the first results!

1
3

Front's design collection (see also moooi) has a series of animal shaped furniture and lamps, so if you need a secret friend (if you are a DOG person then RABBIT, or if you are a TIGER then a BOAR) with a modern design touch, now you know where to find it ;)



What do you think? Will you be adding some feng shui and animal magic to your interior scheme soon?
Let me know!

LOVE, WENA




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...